I love love love spicy meatballs (rude jokes allowed)
When they’re teamed with masses of veg too you know your onto a winner. This dish is really easy to make, there are so many spices to this which makes it scrummy.
I got the meatball recipe from Gino D’Acampo, he’s amazing and they’re light too.
To make the meatballs
- 500g lean minced beef
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 40g freshly grated Parmesan
- 1tsp dried chilli flakes
- ½tsp paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 x 720ml carton of passata
- 3tbsp olive oil
Vegetables to add:
- 2 spiralised courgettes
- 3 spiralised medium carrots
- 1 sliced bell pepper
- 8 mushrooms
- Put the minced beef, garlic, breadcrumbs, parsley, Parmesan, chilli flakes and paprika in a large bowl. Season with salt and break in the egg. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly with your hands, then shape into 12 equal sized balls. Place on a plate, cover with clingfilm and leave to rest in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, tip the passata into a large saucepan and place over a medium heat. Season with salt and pepper, add in the basil leaves and veg, bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and gently fry the meatballs over a medium heat for 5 mins until golden brown all over.
- Once ready, place the meatballs in the tomato sauce and return the pan to a low heat. Cook for 1 hr with the lid half on, stirring occasionally. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a little water.
- Boil some kale and add to the finished dish.
Add a slice or 2 of garlic bread. This serves 4 adults and is an amazing 221 calories per serving, without the garlic bread.
Please try this you will not regret it, it is so tasty.
Peace out xxx