Well I have only recently discovered Quinoa when I was researching rice and pasta alternatives and as part of a meal its tasty but on its own, not so much. It’s roughly the same amount of calories as brown rice but is gluten free. You can get different flavours of Quinoa that take 55 seconds when microwaved in the bag for simplicity, or you can do it from scratch like you would cook rice. I would suggest that you have some sort of sauce to add to it for an extra kick. My personal choice is sweet chilli sauce, its the shizzzz.
A recipe for an amazing light lunch is my version of your regular chicken salad.
This meal is 438 Calories
- 1 sliced, cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup of cooked Quinoa with mung beans
- 30g of Feta cheese either crumbled or cubed
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 handful of your favourite salad leaves – I chose rainbow salad
- 1 ounce of sweet chilli sauce (shot glass)
I know, its simple and anyone can make that, but that’s the point. Healthy food doesn’t have to be complicated to taste good!
You could even add a dessert spoon of light hummus or a boiled egg for extra protein.